Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 6 - layover in Hagerstown

Woke this morning to light snow in the air and blustery winds. Held off on making a decision on resuming travel until check-out time, and then decided to stay. Although the snow didn't amount to much, the winds were very blustery, and blew the truck around on the highway, and that was without the boat and trailer. Because of the truck traffic, I didn't want to risk being blown into the path of a truck (as mentioned earlier - everyone goes faster than I do), so decided to cool my heels for a day. Cool is the operative word - actually cold is more appropriate - and bitterly so!



Visited the office of the company I used to sell for. They originally were the supplier of Har-Tru tennis court surfacing, now just do construction. Learned about a new surface called ClayTech which I recognized immediately as a winner in Belize. Talked to Dick Funkhouser, who owns the local business, and then with the US distributor about representing them in Belize. Turns out there was an installation of this surface done by a Florida contractor within the last few months. Now have brochures, a DVD and a sample of the material to take with me. Had not expected to be in the tennis court business again, but who knows what lies ahead?

1 comment:

papimom said...

Carl, I have been reading your blogs to keep up with you. Looks like things are beginning to go your way. Bitter cold here expect it to be warmer towards the end of this week. I have a good meal planned for you if I am home when you come in. Erik said he would come down to see you too if his job doesn't prevent him.
Please be careful. Love your sister Marian