Thursday, February 5, 2009

Patience, patience...

How frustrating! My truck has been in the shop for a week now. An oil pressure issue has been hard to solve, and has led to the need for some crankshaft bearings, and because the truck is so old, they had to be ordered. Ford only sent 4, instead of the 8 needed. Also having it tuned up, since it hasn't been tuned for 8 years! Not so shocking when I've only driven it 15K miles in that time. Once I get it back from the mechanics, it goes to a company that specializes in suspensions to beef up the back end. I suspect my higher power has made this a frustrating process because that will be the name of the game when I get to Belize. Things don't happen in a hurry there, and can go wrong very easily, so I must prepare my psyche for that...

In the meanwhile, tomorrow I'll try to nail down the option of shipping a pallet to Brownsville, which is looking better and better as an option. Will substantially reduce the amount of weight I'm carrying, and space won't be an issue. Spent much of today running errands, so tomorrow must make headway on packing the final totes.

No comments: