Tuesday, February 17, 2009

more delay....

Although this is a solo trip and adventure, it is hard leaving behind my relationships with friends from the hood, AA and church. In addition, it is the last time I'll see my stepdaughter Jess and her daughter and husband, and also the first time in 10 + years I will see my sister and her husband in Marietta. My plan is to drive to Norfolk, MA, on the first day to see Jess and family. That will be a shakedown to make sure the load is ok and roadworthy.

Now Jess's schedule and weather systems come in to play. She'll be out of town Thursday AM through Sunday night, and we are slated to have snow develop Wednesday night into Thursday. That means that to see her, I have to put off my departure until Monday the 24th. While that doesn't please me, I will allow me to be more deliberative in my packing the truck, as well as really set up my front seat for the trip, and get more familar with the electronics, including Sirius radio and a GPS. It also allows me to do some cleaning here at home before I hit the road. So there are lots of good reasons for accepting the delay, and using it to its full potential, but I still don't like it.

Loaded the truck today, and I have a little more space, but more stuff than will fit in it. So tomorrow I can rearrange, perhaps shift some stuff into the boat, and decide what to leave behind. I still have to pack my clothes as well. So I actually may depart in a rested state instead of exhausted from pushing, but emotionally I am ready to go!

No comments: