Friday, February 13, 2009

Less than a week..

Truck is finally ready to go, most stuff is packed, I have what's being shipped at a locker and tomorrow I'll set up the pallet and wrap it. Then home to finish packing. I've said goodbye to my AA group, which was hard - I've attended the same meeting for 22 years, and know there will be nothing like it in Belize. Sunday I say goodbye to my church family, important to me, but not as long or personal a relationship as AA has been.

Will probably depart Wednesday, weather permitting, and go the first 150 miles to my stepdaughter's home in Mass. That will give me a shakedown, to make sure the truck and boat handle ok with the weight distribution, and also give me a last visit with them for a spell. Next full stop will be in Marietta, GA, to visit my sister and her husband.

There is a lot of finality to my activities, I'll miss a lot of people, and will miss Portland, a city I've come to love in the state I love. That said, I'm still ready for this adventure, and anxious to get going!

No comments: