Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The watchdog


Took the photo above yesterday in late afternoon when I was taking my step-grandson Peter for a walk on the beach. This girl came onto the beach with her dog and walked out to the end of the dock of a closed (but for sale) resort to get some alone time, I suspect . Thought it was a good photo so I took it. Seems like "the watchdog" is an appropriate title.

Below are photos of Peter, taken at the same time, and of Jamie and Mattie, taken this morning. Peter loves to have his picture taken, and always has. It's hard to get a photo of Jamie without a serious expression on his face, and Mattie is curious about the whole enterprise.




We were without power again this morning - and annoyance, especially when it means no fans. My laptop battery is good for about 2 1/2 hrs of work before I have to quit. Bradley and Rilda had friends over yesterday for a BBQ, one of whom I met at the last BBQ and who is very interested in the Logix ICF system. That may turn into some sweet extra income.

Before coming down here a number of folks asked what the cost of living is. I'm going to start keeping track of what I spend for groceries etc., and will post that information here. There are a couple of dozen people who check this blog from time to time, but only a handful who have left comments. I encourage you to leave comments or ask questions that I will try to answer, if not truthfully, then whimsically!

2 comments:

Zabeth69 said...

I've been (lackadaisacally) following the progress of wind turbines and solar affordability in Central America. By which I mean, it is an interesting possibility, but I have no idea where the science has progressed.

Jenn and Paulo live on a fairly breezy bluff (insanely breezy in a windy season) and ought to be able to have electrics back-up with a wind-turbine, but instead can go to the mall in black-outs. The mall has giant, roaring generators. And on Sundays, they can go to the beach (Pacific coast or one of the lake-filled volcano craters).

But it's still hot, and until they get satellite electricity (!), still dark and the bit bucket sleeps.

mattmc13 said...

Great photo Carl! How about some shots of the resort? Is is abandoned? What is the cost of hotel rooms in the area?