Friday, April 3, 2009

Hot!

It's been hot this week, with little breeze, making it a bit harder. I know, I know, you folks in Maine wonder why I'm complaining about 80+ degree weather...The coolest place at home is the central area on the second floor, where the breeze funnels through and because of the shade, it's always the coolest spot. So I try to hang out there, reading my book, sipping a tall glass of "lime squash" and Fanta seltzer water on ice. When I leave work today I'm going to pick up an 18" pedestal fan at the local home goods store. It will help keep me cool at night. The AC remote doesn't work, and besides, electricity is very expensive here. Bradley's last bill, which was for the period before I got here, was over $500 ($250 US) for one month.

The ship with my pallets finally arrives tomorrow, Saturday, but I have to wait until Monday to get them because they have to clear customs. I am sooo anxious, because they include all sorts of items, like most of my cookware, that I need for general living. I've been eating my major meals at noon at the restaurant downstairs here at work, and I want to start doing my own serious cooking in the evening. Also on one of the pallets is a wireless router. I've been responding to some e-mail and posting to this blog at work, but would rather be doing it at home in the evening. The wireless router should make that possible.

Tomorrow I'm going on a "field trip" to the Cayo District up in the mountains. Supposede to be a lovely area, so I look forward to it. Will take photos and post them here next week. Well, back to work!

No comments: