Friday, April 17, 2009

Road Kill Tire Shop

Last posting was all text, so this one is primarily photos. Yesterday I mentioned my tire problem, perhaps I should have gone to the "Road Kill Tire Shop" shown here. It's a little hard to read the painted signs, but the left post says, "ONE STOP", the right post says "NO CREDIT" and the back left says, "ONE LOVE". Doesn't appear that he has power, so not sure how he inflates tires. Maybe he has a device like mine that you plug into a cigarette lighter.

If I had gone to the "Tree of Wisdom" first perhaps I would have made a better decision re tire care....

I got my haircut today, here's the sign for the Z-Touch shop that does hair, nails, massage, and sells jewelry, ladies swimwear and clothing, etc etc. The shop is just before the Tipsy Tuna bar.

To get there from the main road, you walk down this narrow street, which joins "the narrowest street in the world" according to the Guinness Book of Records, from what I understand.


This street/sidewalk goes for more than a mile up the beach, parallel to the paved road but 100 feet or so east of it. Houses and businesses front on it, so it is like a street.


This is the view from the street looking east...
Got my much needed haircut, and had to encourage her to shorten it. Took about 45 minutes, which is twice as long as my former barber, but after all, she did trim my eyebrows, after asking permission. Here's a photo of me and my new barber, post haircut. It's still wet here, and will look better after a day or two.
Then back to the office, shown here


and a quick stop at the Chinese Everyday Market on the way home.


A final note: When I post these it is 3 hours later than the clock on the post shows. Not sure if I can change that, or if it based on the location of Google's servers.
Comments, anyone?

2 comments:

Zabeth69 said...

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=41456

You can change the date and time on any post, apparently.

Cheers!

Zabeth69 said...

Perhaps excepting the date and time on comments; it is now 10:35 am EDT.
B