Friday, January 29, 2010

Opportunity for CPA!!

I’ve been thinking more and more about expanding my bookkeeping practice to clients outside the businesses I’m currently involved with.  I am also aware that there are hundreds of American ex-pats in Belize (and thousands in Mexico), and to my knowledge there is one retired CPA in San Pedro that is reluctantly willing to do the U.S taxes for ex-pats here, and another CPA in Kansas who does them for ex-pats. I’ve been asked, but really don’t want to develop that expertise.


Because of the latent demand for qualified bookkeeping services, and the unmet demand for U.S. tax services and advice, I would like to find a CPA in the U.S. who would like to move to Belize. If you are one, or if you know one, please have them contact me. The ideal candidate will, in addition to the willingness to move, have or will acquire a working knowledge of the US tax code as it applies to ex-pats, will be comfortable in a diverse cultural environment, will be tolerate of a culture so laid back that little happens on time, and acceptable of stores and banks rounding off to the nearest nickel when making change. Must be expert in use of QuickBooks.


Must also like hanging at the beach, sport fishing, cave tubing, snorkeling and or scuba diving, hiking in mountains, swimming, and/or smiling. Shopoholics or chronic complainers need not respond.

5 comments:

floydmonet said...

Hi Carl- Hoping this try works-

floydmonet said...

I guess it is working. Let me know if you get this message. I have been trying to reconnect my google account for over an hour. I think my password finally is long enough!
Floydmonet

floydmonet said...

Am almost caught up on your blogs- I greatly appreciate your news and admire you so much for this new act in your life. Glad to be back in touch more directly. I did wonder if there had been any aftereffects of the earthquake in the Belize area.
Maybe if I am lucky- Mikki and I will join you you next winter in Belize and maybe I'll try painting en plein air w Patti. I understand she is doing well and started in on painting (altho not out of doors.
You sound so engaged in your new life, digs, and happy. Hope so.
Lots of love
Floydmonet

Unknown said...

Hello! I just returned from my third trip to Belize on 1/29 and have been seriously trying to figure out how to stay permanently.

I am a CPA (inactive) currently working in Washington State for a private corporation as their accountant. I am very interested in looking into this opportunity.

I purchased property in Mango Creek last year with the intent of retiring down there years from now. I would love to go sooner, though!

Mary M

Carl said...

Hi Mary,

Terrific! Please contact me directly at my e-mail address so I can tell you more about the opportunity. carlinbelize@gmail.com
carl