Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

So much to write about!  However, tonight I'll let some pictures do the talking.  I went to Dangriga  Town yesterday to have a crown installed by the Tooth Fairy.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Here's a picture of her sign:

Before I go on, notice the PVC pipe along the beam.  Except in higher end buildings here, it is very common for fresh and waste water piping to run along outside walls and beams, since the temperatures never come close to freezing.  It still surprises me.  Now, here's a photo of the Tooth Fairy and her assistant:

She's the taller one, and is a very attractive young woman.  In fact, she was Miss Belize World in 2003, after earning a doctorate degree in dental surgery in Mexico City at age 22 in 2000.  I had had a crown fall out - and the cost of the crown prep, the temporary crown, and the permanent crown, all inclusive, was $380 Belize dollars, which is $190 USD.  She does very good work, the ex-pat community raves about her, with men raving about her appearance as well.  If you google Dalila Vanzie you can read more about her.

I had more pictures, but the google blog software is acting up and not letting me load them, so I'll ramble on a bit more with some really good news for me...I may have mentioned at some point in this blog that I am currently living in an apartment in my stepson's (?) house - the apartment owned by my ex-wife.  We are on excellent terms, so that's not an issue, but just the same, when she comes for Christmas and the winter, she would like me out.  That's fine with me - the place is a bit small, the oven has no thermostat, and there are a few other issues.  As the day approaches that she comes, I have been ratcheting up my search for an alternative that I can live in for 6 to 12 months - while I wait to build my own place.  Have seen some really marginal or below marginal places - too small, too run down, etc etc.  However, today I located a place - a place our company built  - still needs some fixtures, which I can buy with my rent money, and furniture, which I have to buy anyway.  But plenty of space, even place for visitors if I can afford to buy another bed.  It is really quite exciting - and I'll post photos by and by.  It is a huge relief to have that issue settled.  Well, that's it for now!

No comments: